Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


*Caught, red-pawed, on the dining room table, and on a knitting magazine, to boot!!*

I can't believe I haven't posted since I've come back from our vacation. Boy, this blogging stuff is even tougher than I thought. But, now that I put just this much down, it should be so much easier the next time, right?

I've always had this problem, see. I'm embarrassed to say, but there are people that I've simply lost touch with because I'd let too much time elapse before I would answer their letter, or e-mail. The longer I let it go, the more I had to tell them to catch up on what was happening in my life, then it would all become overwhelming and I would put it off, again and again, because I didn't know how I was going to possibly write it all down in one letter. After awhile I felt it was too late, that I had somehow missed the opportunity and that, well, perhaps they would be angry with me by that time and I would have some kind of 'splainin to do. And, therefore, I am truly pathetic! Am I the only one in the world who has ever felt this way? Please leave me a comment if I'm not. I would feel much better.

Anyway, I need to remind myself that posting on a blog like this does not need to get overwhelming. I can reveal as little or as much of what is going on in my knitting, and my life in general, as I wish. I don't have to say everything all at once, but I do need to post more often. I am thankful that on this day of thanks, I have had this revelation.

I am also thankful for yarn, my sweet Kittysperk, and my wonderful DH. That's the short list, cause it's late.

Kitty is thankful for turkey and gravy!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

You are definitely not alone in letting correspondence lapse. I am totally guilty of it and in some ways I think having a blog has actually made it worse because I think, "oh I don't need to write to them, they've probably already read about it on my blog." when in reality I have no idea if they even bother with my blog!!!!
So, be comforted you are not alone.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you mean you ignore other people besides me??? Hah! I Am The Queen of Failure to Communicate in a Timely Manner! You aren't old enough yet to be as good at it as I am. (did that make sense?) And, BTW, Happy Birthday 13 days late. I was going to send you an e-card but didn't get around to it until after your B.D., then I figured you'd be mad because I forgot (DIDN'T forget, just didn't do it.), and so I blew the whole thing off. Anyway, I have a tiny gift for you, unless you're too upset with me to accept it. Is this sounding sincere???
Love Ya, Kiddo!

Bereni (BEAR-wren-knee) said...

Hee hee hee! You guys make me feel so much better! Hee hee!

Laura Neal said...

Love the kitty on the mag. They always get busted and look at you like it is your fault.
I always forget to call people and then they seem to think I am no longer their friend, can you say, I lost my address book, which I have. sigh! I am so disorganized!