Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I Can See!

Yep, I am the proud owner of a brand spankin' new monitor! I am happy to report that I can see actual colors again. Oh the joy, the freedom to post a photo without wondering what it really looks like, the carefree browsing on Ravelry for patterns and actually identifying the cables in that navy cardigan, and not having to pester my big sister to preview my photos.... Hmmm... now I will have to think of something else to pester her about.

Look! Yarn! As Knatly commented... plied...plyed...you know, twisted together!


Colors!

I think the real color is somewhere in between the first two photos and this one.

I looked back at previous posts where I had tried to lighten some of the photos before I posted them. I should have left well enough alone. They are too light. Ah, well. My new 20 inch monitor shall now change everything! My old monitor was probably close to fifteen years old, so you understand the primitive conditions I have been living under and will forgive me my exultant glee. Happy happy happy!

The other day I decided I needed a quick pick-me-up project. So I dug around in the stash for some bulky, felting-type wool and came up with some Lamb's Pride in black. Within a couple of hours I had knitted up a Dumpling Bag! The pattern is by Sharon Dreifuss, who hosts the She-Knits Podcast, and it was featured in this Fall's, Interweave Knits.

The bag is knit, embroidered, and then felted. The pattern calls for two rings attached to the straps, but I opted to go without. The straps still slide through each other. I still haven't felted it, but I think it is adorable, none-the-less. Once felted, it should turn out very round, like a little dumpling!

Great little pattern, Sharon! I think I'll make another.

And now I leave you with something that has become a daily occurrence...


Kitty in a basket.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PH sure lazes around a lot! You've got to teach him some chores. I love the beautifully spun yarn. Makes good Christmas presents - don't ya think? Your comment about finding something else to pester your patient and loving big sister about makes me wonder. Has your mind thought this way since early childhood? Especially during early childhood?

Laura Neal said...

Very nice yarn, the bag is sweet and the kitty in the basket is hilarious. Look at that white belly! I could just rub his little cat belly.
Congrats on moving into the 21st century on the new monitor!

Knatly said...

Yay! New Monitor!
Prutty yarn -- would look nice wrapped in that purply paper, too,eh?
I still have to spin my Mountain Colors.
PH has really slugged out! Been e-mailing Trooper, I'd bet!

Blueberry