Saturday, September 6, 2008

Of Cats and Dumplings

Inspired by PH's great work as yarn model in the photo shoot of December 12th, 2007, I ventured outdoors with my newly felted and dried Dumpling Bag, intent on pressing the young, orange talent into service once more. As always, the ever-obliging feline came when summoned.



Today, however, he seemed less than accommodating.


At first he refused, but then reluctantly relented after I agreed to his extortionist terms. He demanded a wardrobe fee for appearing in his own collar, travel expenses for having to come down the stairs and a special fee for being male and having to appear in print with a purse. He also demanded that craft services be set up not just for the time allotted for the photo shoot, but for the remainder of the day and evening so that he could snack whenever he wanted. Needless to say, his fee involved vast quantities of dry food, canned food, treats, chicken and then of course, bacon, as well. I think I am going to have to start auditioning the neighborhood cats. You know, some "unknowns."


Well, there are some pretty photos of my Dumpling on Ravelry. I'll post them here, tomorrow. As for marble-mania, the purple paper ended up going on the book. Here it is with some others that turned out pretty well.

In other news, today is DH's and my 11th wedding anniversary. He had to work today and he had a special program to do tonight, so we're celebrating next week. The 11th anniversary, that's the yarn and fiber anniversary, right? Just like the 10th was? Heh heh heh.


You know, he looked so professional in his head shot...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your post. I had to share it with everyone in the room. Loved the head shot from his portfolio. The marbled paper looks beeyootifool.

Melanie said...

Best head shot I've seen! He's going places. Love the bag and the marbled paper looks very cool. I'm going to have to check out how to do that.

Melanie said...

Oh, and happy anniversary!!

Laura Neal said...

Happy Anniversary! Your little darling could go so many places with a head shot like that one! He is quite the handsome boy! I love the attitude, it is priceless!

Anonymous said...

Great site! I love the anniversary shawl (you did an excellent job) and the orange kitty pics with the cute felt hat!

I have an orange kitty too (only fuzzier).

JazzBKnitter said...

I just purchased the pattern for the winter snowflake shawl, and as a new knitter, am a little bit scared of the complexity of this pattern. Your blog comments and pictures extremely helpful, make the shawl much less intimidating, and are now stashed safely with the purchased pattern, which will be my next project. I so appreciate your posting this project on your blog! Jazz