Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Trekking Along

Went ahead and finished these Trekking XXL socks tonight after the ball.















I like the ombre shading of the colors in this Trekking yarn. The colorway is 100 and I used Knitpicks Harmony dpn's. Nice needles.

The braid trim is all blocked and dry. I decided to go with the soak and squeeze method since I wasn't going to get to the sewing today. I made the pieces of trim extra long so as I sew them on, they can be frogged back to fit. I did provisional cast ons so I can graft them together. Tomorrow, I hope to have a finished St. Brigid to show you. It's about time, I think. This finishing your projects stuff is fun!

5 comments:

Laura Neal said...

Very nice socks! In the question to the knee...yes, the left one does this all of the time, the good knee is the one that decided to do it today. So, when I was screaming in agony, I was also cursing a blue streak because now I have two bad knees. sigh! Isn't Dexter adorable? His hair styles so well. hee hee.

Nichole D. said...

Very pretty! I love the colors, too. Makes me want to bust out the Trekking in my stash!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing. Every time I visit, you've finished something else. It must be fun. It's fun for us. I really love the trekking yarn.

Bereni (BEAR-wren-knee) said...

Thanks, y'all! Trekking is fun yarn. Nichole, go get some of that poor, suffering trekking out of your stash and make it happy!

Kim M said...

Great reading your poost