Saturday, June 7, 2008

Snow Day in June!

While the rest of the southeast United States is sweltering in the heat, it's snowing at my house!


Blocking snowflakes takes sooooooo many pins! I had to empty several pincushions and then used needles and safety pins, as well. I was eyeing the push pins when I discovered that the last snowflake to be blocked had a mistake in it.


See that big hole in the upper left corner? I'll have to re-knit this one.


There are two more that I am going to re-knit as well. Somehow, when I started knitting these, I made, two, using the wrong size needle. They are smaller than the rest. I hope I haven't overcompensated knitting the rest of them. I seem to always knit a little tighter than the writers of lace patterns. My shawls always end up a little smaller when blocked out. Usually, it's not a problem, but I have been conciously trying to loosen up on these snowflakes. I hope I haven't carried the "binding off loosely" too far. I imagine I'll find out when I start knitting the backgrounds.

They look cool, don't they? Sharon Winsauer is so talented. The flakes go fast and are fun to knit. I might have to make another one of these shawls. Maybe a scarf? We'll see if I change my tune after I begin the backgrounds. I'm going to start one tonight.

On another note, I did make two skirts! They turned out really cute, and they fit, although my zipper sewing skills leave much to be desired. I need to hem them first, and then I'll take some photos. I have fabric to make even more and more skirts. I am determined that this will be skirt summer and I will wear nothing but cute, breezy skirts!


Oh, here is my excuse for not making my bed this morning....


Good kitty.

3 comments:

Nichole D. said...

The snowflakes are really cool!

Laura Neal said...

Thank you for the comments you left on my blog. I love your snowflakes, so beautiful!
Aww, look at that white kitty belly!

Anonymous said...

The snowflakes are so amazing. They seem so intricate. Kitty is really as helpful as a little sister once was. :)